Job Opportunity at Hot Topic in Apache Mall
Posted Thu, Nov 11
At Hot Topic, we’re passionate about a few things: music, pop culture and creating the most amazing in-store experience for our customers and employees.
We’re on the search for a Store Manager that will lead the store in achieving store objectives by hitting sales targets, recruiting, development, and performance management.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Ensure that your store achieves the sales plan and/or comp sales goals.
- Recruit, develop and retain a collaborative, passionate team to run your store alongside you
- Bring the right balance of organizational structure, delegation & autonomy, and customer first selling practices
- Keep watch on shrink/loss prevention, payroll hours and schedules
- Provides a shopping experience that will encourage customers to return
- Provides music knowledge and information to employees and customers
- Collaboratively communicate with retail leadership and HQ partners on trends & customer feedback
- Run sales reports and use data to help guide your strategy to hit sales targets
- Deliver the goods. You’ll merchandise the store in a compelling way, leveraging planograms as a guide, while launching all promos on time
- Ensure that you’re continually building a bench of equally talented, passionate staff
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- At least a year of retail store management experience; you’ve lead teams to success and want to experience more of it. You’ll have skills to pay the bills: communication, recruiting, operations (payroll, reporting, scheduling, merchandising) and be a developer of your peeps
- Passion for music, fashion and pop culture
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent. Have a degree, even better
- Roll with the punches. Retail is a fast changing industry and you like catching curveballs thrown your way
- Inquisitiveness and open mind regarding teen culture/music trends